Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Science of Mind


Happy May Day to everyone out there. I myself did not join in any strikes, though I stayed home and did not work as a substitute teacher because I was sick. Does that count? I have another poem in Crisis Chronicles, special thanks to Jesus Crisis for accepting my work. I also have two poems at L'Allure des Mots, which is probably the sexiest publication I have appeared in yet. In case you are suffering from a poetry overload, do not worry. I am finishing up edits for a batch of short stories, including my Ted Berrigan inspired fiction, which I hope will see the light of day in various publications you may read.

Speaking of substitute teaching, I just realized a small irony which will probably only be of interest to history buffs. I substitute teach in Arlington County now, and it uses a service called STAN to notify me of jobs. STAN stands for Arlington Substitute Teacher Assignment Network. What's interesting is that I found out about something called the Stanley Plan, which was designed by the state of Virginia to prevent Arlington County (among other jurisdictions) from integrating its public schools. STAN, STANley Plan, coincidence? I think so.

No comments: